If we are right for you please apply by sending a covering letter, your cv and your responses to the questions below to email@example.com. Applications will be open from the 1st of November 2018 and will close on the 31st of January 2019.
- When did you know that Watson Burton was somewhere that you wanted to apply to and explain the reasons why
- The graduate recruitment team have asked you and three of your peers (as first year trainee solicitors) to meet six trainee solicitors-in-waiting who are due to commence their training contracts the following year and the year after that (three each year). You have been asked to put together a meet-up and have been given a budget of £150. Although each person in their year group has met each other, the two different year groups have not yet met. Your remit is to try and achieve the following from the meet-up:-
• An opportunity for both year groups to meet (at least some time spent without current trainees being present)
• Undertake at least one team building opportunity
• To offer an opportunity to learn more about Watson Burton’s culture
• A Q&A session with the current trainee peer group
• A social aspect for all parties
3. When you make an application for a training contract what are you hoping to achieve by each part of the following processes:-
• Application Form
• Vacation Scheme
4. “the introduction of the Solicitors Qualifying Exam route will make law more accessible” Agree or disagree. Explain your answer.
5. You have a friend visiting from overseas and coming to the UK for the first time. If unrestricted by money, which are the top five venues/places you would visit so as to gain an all-round spectrum of British culture.